Call for Applications: Communications Manager
Call for job application
Centre for Social Sciences
Intersections. East European Journal of Society and Politics, an open-access, peer-reviewed journal in the social sciences is looking for a Communications Manager. We seek to appoint an operational staff member to perform organizational editorial tasks, manage social media channels of the journal, and provide meaningful insights into the content, quality, and components of scientific writing.
Duties and responsibilities
The Communications Manager should perform the following tasks:
- Communication: managing the Facebook page, Academia.edu, and ResearchGate profiles of the journal; liaising with organizations with a similar profile (i.e., universities, journals, professional organizations); organizing and advertising, online and offline, special issues of the journal;
- Technical supervision and process management: assisting editors and authors with independent and proactive support throughout the editorial process; participating in the management of editing processes and editorial meetings; communicating with actors involved in the editorial and publishing process including authors and reviewers;
- IT: knowledge and management of the Open Journal System (OJS); maintenance of the homepage, occasionally liaising with the OJS specialist.
- MA in communications, sociology, political science, or any related discipline in the social sciences;
- Advanced level of English is essential;
- Strong command of the Microsoft Office suite, Social Media platforms, and OJS;
- Clean criminal record.
The application should include:
- Motivation letter (1 page);
- Copy of relevant documents in regard to qualifications;
- Statement of consent: the applicant’s personal data will be shared with the hiring committee.
Location: H-1097 Budapest, 4, Tóth Kálmán Street, Hungary
Submission deadline: 6 April, 2021
Applicants should send the above-mentioned documents to email@example.com with the subject “INTERSECTIONS: COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER”.
Evaluation of the applications
The top-ranked applicants will be invited by email to an online meeting.
A part-time contract with a four-month probation period is offered: 20 working hours/week, mostly in English (Hungarian is an advantage, but not a condition). Currently, most of the work is done from home. An in-person appointment is usually required every two weeks. Previous work in the fields of media and communication is an advantage.
The communication manager’s legal status, salary, and other benefits are regulated by the Act I of 2012, together with the regulations and instructions of the Director General, Centre for Social Sciences.
If you have any questions regarding the application, please do not hesitate to contact Andrea Demeter by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Budapest, 18 March 2021